Thank you for your interest in the 8th Annual Suncoast BBQ & Bluegrass BASH BBQ Contest. As the largest event of its kind in Southwest Florida and quickly rising noterity in the competitive BBQ world, you'll be competing with some of the world's best pitmasters. We anticipate over 25,000 folks at this year's Bash, featuring finger lickin' good BBQ, Hot pickin' bluegrass music and good times!
THIS IS A FIRST COME – FIRST SERVE EVENT! YOUR PLACE IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A REGISTRATION FORM AND PAID THE ENTRY FEE. REGISTRATION SUBMITTAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE TO CONTESTPlease note that this is a Florida BBQ Associantion sanctioned event, therefore all FBA rules will be in effect for all participants. Complete Rules & Regulations are available at www.FLBBQ.org
- Set-up times: Thursday, 10am - 5pm / Friday 8am-4pm - NO EXCEPTIONS
- There will be a mandatory Cooks meeting on Friday, April 14th at 5:00 pm. Meat inspections will begin at noon on April 14, 2016.
- Pets are not allowed in cooking areas or in public areas during event hours.
- Ice will be available for purchase.
- Water and electricity service (20 amp) will be available to the first 50 teams. Please be advised that if you require more than 20 amps of power it is your responsibility to provide it.
- Quiet time is in effect from 11:00 pm until 6:00 am daily. Failure to comply may cause removal from contest site.
- 5 lb. minimum Fire Extinguishers are required.
- No motorized cycles, golf carts or ATV’s allowed except by event offcials.
- Teams are Prohibited from offering free samples to event patrons without authorization
- No teams may vend without written permission.
- 25'(W)x50'(D) ft. space (1 space per team) is provided. Advance notice of exceptions is required. Tents that exceed 200 sq ft require a city permit.
- Garbage pick-up will be provided
- 2 Fish Fry Dinner tickets
- Free country breakfast
For Details Contact Don Fisher 941-809-5232
The awards ceremony will take place on the main stage at 5pm on Saturday. Grand Champion will receive a golden ticket to the World Championship and an invitation to Sonny's Smokin' Showdown, plus qualify for the Jack Daniels World Invitation BBQ Championship and the American Royal World Series of BBQ. You must participate in all four categories to be eligible for Grand/Reserve Champion Awards.
Pig In The Tree
The Grand Champion will join the past winners on the plaque of this permanently displayed trophy.
With an anticipated attendance
of over 25,000, The Bash offers a great opportunity
to a limited number of BBQ
vendors. These vendors will be at the sole discrimination of the organizer.
Only BBQ and side dishes may be sold. No beverages or ancillary products without permission
Please submit a request for consideration.
Vending Fee: $350
Friday: 5pm - 9pm
Saturday: 10am - 5 pm All sales to the general public will be for cash. You keep all your proceeds. All Sales to the sponsors are for Bash Bucks. They will be redeemed for $0.80 on the dollar. Refusal to accept Bash Bucks will result in immediate removal from the event and render ineligible for any awards.
The Suncoast BBQ Bash is a family oriented community event and all teams areas must be designed, constructed and operated in good taste with the best interest of the event and public saftey. The Event organizers shall be the sole arbiter and final judge as to what shall constitue "good taste", "safety" and "The best interest of the event and the pubic" and shall have the authority to require removal, relocation or modification on any display or exhibit. Carnical tatics, the use of public address systems, signage on public walkways or other similar activities by the teams shall not be allowed.
The event will have security on site Friday and Saturday including all event hours and overnight on Friday.
The event recognizes that some teams may have sponsors. In consideration of the Bash sponsors, teams are permitted to display one sign or banner recognizing your team sponsor. This sign or banner shall be no larger than 3' x 6' and not higher than 8' off the ground.
In consideration for accepting this entry, we agree to be legally bound, hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators waive any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against the Suncoast Foundation for Handicapped Children, Inc., their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries by any and all injuries suffered by any person(s) or property. Further, I hereby grant full permission to the event organizers and/or other agents authorized by them to use photographs, video tapes, recordings, or other records of this event for legitimate reasons.
Need a place to stay?
We have arranged discounted rates at area hotels when you use the code word "BBQ" while making your reservations. Please visit the Lodging page to learn more.
Due to A limited BBQ Team sites left available,
please call 941-809-5232
10am - 5pm - Set UpFRIDAY
8am - 4pm - Set Up
12pm - 4pm - Meat Inspection
5pm - Mandatory Cook Team Meeting
6pm - Fish Fry Dinner
11am - Chicken turn in
12pm - Ribs turn in
1pm - Pork turn in
2pm - Brisket turn in
5pm - Awards