Chili Cook-Off Application
All entrants must compete in the Peoples Coice and Showmanship Categories.
Chili may be made in advance of the contest or on site. There are no restrictions of meat, beans, or fillers.
Dress up yourself and/or your booth. The only limitation is your imagination! Judging will be made by a panel of Celebrity Judges.
Team who collects the most VOTES from the attendees. No ancilliary give aways permitted.
|1st Place||$500 + plaque|
|2nd Place||$300 + Plaque|
|3rd Place||$200 + Plaque|
|1st Place||Custom Plaque|
|2nd Place||Custom Plaque|
|3rd Place||Custom Plaque|
|Overall Winner||Custom Plaque &
Overall winner will be determined by best score and receive a Golden Ticket to the World Food Championships.
Awards for 4th-10th place will be announced at 4:30pm in the judging tent and 1st-3rd on the main stage at 5pm.
- Set up times: 8:00am to 4pm on Friday and 7am-9am on Saturday.
Departure Time: After 5pm Saturday.
- No pets are allowed in cooking areas or in public areas during event hours.
- Ice will be available for purchase.
- 5 lb. minimum Fire Extinguishers are required.
- No motorized cycles, golf carts or ATV’s allowed except by event offcials.
- No teams may vend or sell any merchandise or food.
- One 12x20 ft. space is provided to each team. Advance notice of exception is required. Tents that exceed 200sq ft. require a city permit. Cooking is prohibited under any tent.
- Please plan on cooking your chili with propane and keeping it hot in this manner. The temperature of your chili must reach 140 degress before it can be served or judged.
- Seven gallons of chili for sampling
- 16oz of chili for judging
- Tables, Tents,Decorations, Etc.
- Costumes/Uniforms for your staff
- Clean up of your area
- Crakers, condiments, toppings, etc.
- All cooking utensils & equipment.
- Staff necessary to serve 11am to 4pm
- Tasting cups
- Free Country Breakfast
- 12x20 ft. cooking & display area.
- NO UTILITIES ARE PROVIDED
NoticesThe Suncoast BBQ Bash is a family oriented community event and all teams areas must be designed, constructed and operated in good taste with the best interest of the event and public saftey. The Event organizers shall be the sole arbiter and final judge as to what shall constitue "good taste", "safety" and "The best interest of the event and the pubic" and shall have the authority to require removal, relocation or modification on any display or exhibit. Carnical tatics, the use of public address systems, signage on public walkways or other similar activities by the teams shall not be allowed. The event will have security on site Friday and Saturday including all event hours and overnight on Friday.
For Details Contact Bill Rhodes 941-545-2176
In consideration for accepting this entry, we agree to be legally bound, hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators waive any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against the Suncoast Foundation for Handicapped Children, Inc., their representatives, successors, and assigns for any and all injuries by any and all injuries suffered by any person(s) or property. Further, I hereby grant full permission to the event organizers and/or other agents authorized by them to use photographs, video tapes, recordings, or other records of this event for legitimate reasons.
Need a place to stay?
We have arranged discounted rates at area hotels when you use the code word "BBQ" while making your reservations. Please visit the Lodging page to learn more.