THURSDAY – MARCH 28
Celebrating a decade of good times for a good cause at Fox Lea Farm
- 5:00 PM – EQUSTRIAN ACTIVITIES
- 5:30 PM – BATTLE OF THE BURGERS
- 6:00 PM - ENTERTAINMENT BY THE GATOR CREEK BAND
- 6:30 PM – AWARDS & THE ROASTING OF A FRIEND
FRIDAY – MARCH 29
Enjoy a morning of sporting clays shooting at the Sarasota Gun Club, 3445 Rustic Road, Nokomis, FL 34275.
- 9 AM – REGISTRATION & WARM UP SHOOTING
- 9:30 AM – SAFETY MEETING & BIRDS FLY
- 12 PM – LUNCH & AWARDS
Enjoy an evening of Fish ‘n’ Chips and talk with your favorite Pitmasters, BBQ Judges and Pepper Heads. There is free live Bluegrass Entertainment, Corn Hole, Classic Car Cruiz-In, Corn Hole and Kids Corral.
- 5 PM – MEET AND GREET THE CONTESTANTS & FRIENDS
- 5 PM – AN EVENING OF BLUEGRASS WITH THE SWINGING BRIDGE BLUEGRASS BAND AND FRIENDS
- 5 PM – 9 PM - OLD TOWN SALOON
- 5 PM – 9 PM - KID'S CORRAL
- 6 PM – FISH FRY DINNER
- 6 PM – CRUIZ-IN
SATURDAY – MARCH 30
FBA STATE BBQ CHAMPIONSHIP
The nation's top BBQ teams will compete for a $20,000 purse, supported by Smokin' with Smithfield, plus invitations to the World Food Championships and the Sonny’s Smokin’ Showdown. The contest is sanctioned by the Florida BBQ Association and is a qualifier for the Jack Daniels World Championships and the American Royal World Series of barbecuing.
- 11 AM – PUBLIC TASTING OF GENUINE COMPETITION BBQ by cash
- 11 AM - FBA CERTIFIED JUDGING
AN AFTERNOON OF BLUEGRASS
Bluegrass music is an age-old tradition from the Appalachian Mountains. If you love speedy banjo pickin’ and high lonesome vocals come spend an afternoon with top award-winning bluegrass bands. The concert is FREE but you need to bring a comfy chair or blanket. Umbrellas, tents, and coolers are prohibited. Donations are always welcome.
- 11:00 AM – SWINGING BRIDGE
- 12:15 PM – FLATT LONESOME
- 1:30 PM – THE GRASCALS
- 2:45 PM – LONESOME RIVER BAND
- 4:00 PM – AN APPALACHIAN JAM
- 4:45 PM – TRIBUTE TO OUR FRIENDS
Teams will compete for a $1,000 cash purse and an invitation to World Food Championship. Awards are also given for the best showmanship, best restaurant and the people’s choice.
Sampling tickets will be sold for five dollars each.
- 11 AM – PUBLIC SAMPLING by ticket
- 12 PM – JUDGING
The tournament will be a 64-team bracket–style with pairing determined by category. The top two open teams will share a $500 purse.
- 11 AM – REGISTRATION & WARM UP
- 12 PM – BAGS FLY WITH AWARDS TO FOLLOW
A private area for sponsors only.
11 AM – 5 PM
The park is free to all children. Remember adults must remain with children
- 10 AM – 5 PM - Games & Rides
- 11 AM - 1 PM - Canine Friends
- NOON - 3 PM - Face Painting
- 1 PM - 3 PM - Clowns
OLD TOWN SALOONS
Enjoy a variety of Craft Beers from Goose Island, Firefly Moonshine, Kentucky Gentleman Bourbon, Deep' Eddy Vodka, Platinum Gin, Fireball, Blue Chair Rum and Margaritaville Gin.
- 11 AM – 6 PM
COMMUNITY SAFTEY EXHIBITS
Browse through the many different exhibits from the Sarasota Couty Sheriff's Office, City of Sarasota, City of Venice Fire & Police Departments, North Port Police Department and Florida Wildlife Commission.
- 10 AM – 5 PM
CAR & TRUCK SHOW
Stroll around and see classic cars, trucks, vintage NASCAR cars and antique tractors from years gone by.
- 10 AM – 5 PM
Get your favorite event souvenir: T-shirts, hats, aprons,coolers and more! Don’t forget to buy your ticket for the 50/50 cash drawing or a ticket in the Rambling Raffle.
- 10 AM – 5 PM
The final moment all the contestants are waiting for, who are the winners!!
- 5:00 PM – BATTLE OF THE BURGERS
- 5:15 PM – CHILI COOK_OFF
- 5:30 PM – BBQ CONTEST