THURSDAY – APRIL 19
MEET OUR CHAMPIONS
The welcoming of our champions, sponsors, media sponosrs and the volunteer committee at Snook Haven, 5000 East Venice Ave., Venice, FL. 34292. Tickets are $25.
- 5 PM - MEET & GREET
- 5 PM - ENTERTAINMENT BY THE SHAMES
- 6 PM – KIDS BURGER COOK-OFF
- 6 PM – BUFFET DINNER
- 7 PM – AWARDS & THE ROASTING OF A FRIEND
FRIDAY – APRIL 20
Enjoy a day of sporting clays shooting at the Sarasota Gun Club, 3445 Rustic Road, Nokomis, FL 34275.
- 9 AM – REGISTRATION & WARM UP SHOOTING
- 9:30 AM – SAFETY MEETING & TOURNAMENT START
- 12 PM – LUNCH & AWARDS
Enjoy an evening of Fish ‘n’ Chips and talk with your favorite Pitmasters, BBQ Judges and Pepper Heads. There is free live bluegrass entertainment and a social corn-hole toss Then see a spectacular sight of a sunset balloon glow honoring Dave Jaques.
- 5 PM – MEET AND GREET THE CONTESTANTS & FRIENDS
- 5 PM – THE SWINGING BRIDGE BLUEGRASS BAND WITH FRIENDS
- 5 PM – 9 PM - OLD TOWN SALOON
- 5 PM – 9 PM - KID'S PARK
- 6 PM – FISH FRY DINNER
- 6 PM – CLASSIC CAR and TRUCK CRUISE-IN
SATURDAY – APRIL 21
PROFESSIONAL BBQ COOK-OFF
The nations top BBQ teams will compete for a $20,000 purse, supported by Smokin' with Smithfield, plus an invitations to the World Food Championships and the Sonny’s Smokin’ Showdown. The contest is sanctioned by the Florida BBQ Associational and is a qualifier for the Jack Daniels World Championships and the American Royal World Series of barbecuing.
- 11 AM – PUBLIC TASTING OF GENUINE COMPETITION BBQ by cash
- 11 AM - FBA CERTIFIED JUDGING
AN AFTERNOON OF BLUEGRASS
Bluegrass music is an age-old tradition from the Appalachian Mountains. If you love speedy banjo pickin’ and high lonesome vocals come spend an afternoon with the Grammy nominated Boxcars, Russell Moore and III Tyme Out and the Lonesome River Band. The concert is FREE but you need to bring a comfy chair or blanket. Umbrellas, tents, and coolers are prohibited. Donations are always welcome.
- 11:00 AM – SWINGING BRIDGE
- 12:15 PM – LONESOME RIVER BAND
- 1:30 PM – RUSSELL MOORE AND IIIrd TYME OUT
- 2:45 PM – VOLUME FIVE
- 4:00 PM – AN APPALACHIAN JAM
- 4:45 PM – TRIBUTE TO OUR FRIENDS
Thirty teams will compete for a $1,000 cash purse and an invitation to World Food Championship. Awards are also given for the best showmanship, best restaurant and the people’s choice.
Sampling tickets will be sold for five dollars each.
- 11 AM – PUBLIC SAMPLING by ticket
- 12 PM – JUDGING
The tournament will be a 64-team bracket–style with pairing determined by a random drawing. The top three winners will share a $500 purse.
- 11 AM – REGISTRATION & WARM UP
- 12 PM – DOUBLE ELIMINATE PLAY WITH AWARDS TO FOLLOW
A private area for sponsors only.
11 AM – 5 PM
The park is free to all children.
- 10 AM – 5 PM - Games & Rides
- 11 AM - 1 PM - Canine Friends
- NOON - 3 PM - Face Painting
- 1 PM - 3 PM - Clowns
OLD TOWN SALOONS
Enjoy a variety of Craft Beers from Goose Island, Firefly Moonshine, Kentucky Gentleman Bourbon, Deep' Eddy Vodka, Platinum Gin, Fireball, Blue Chair Rum and Margaritaville Gin.
- 11 AM – 6 PM
COMMUNITY SAFTEY EXHIBITS
Browse through the many different exhibits from the Sarasota Couty Sheriff's Office, the City of Venice Fire & Police Departments, North Port Police Department and Florida Wildlife Commission.
- 10 AM – 5 PM
Stroll around and see classic cars and trucks, vintage NASCAR cars and antique tractors from years gone by.
- 10 AM – 5 PM
Take advantage of dozens of products and services that have been donated or pick out your favorite event Souvenior: T-shirts, hats, aprons and more! Don’t forget to buy your raffle ticket for the 50/50 cash drawing.
- 10 AM – 5 PM
The final moment all the contestants are waiting for, who are the winners!!
- 5:00 PM – COOKIN' WITH THE KIDS
- 5:15 PM – CHILI COOK-OFF
- 5:30 PM – BBQ COOK-OOF