At Snook Haven - April 13th • 5pm - 8pm
- 5 PM - 6 PM MEET & GREET – Welcoming of our past champions, sponsors, media sponsors and the volunteer committee.
- 5 PM – 7 PM THE SHAMES - will entertain on the band shell with their “down-home” music repertoire.
- 6 PM – 7 PM COOKIN' WITH THE KIDS - Teams from the Foundation’s five facilities* will compete. Pitmasters Rub Bagby, Dana Hillis, Myron Mixon, Jim Elser and Tommy Harden will assist them. Guest judges will determine the winners. Each team will be given mystery ingredients, tee shirts, a Weber Grill and charcoal. The Pitmasters will supply a recipe and seasoning.
- 6 PM – 7 PM A SOON TO BE FAMOUS BUFFET - The buffet will consist of southern style creations.
- 7 PM – 8 PM ROASTING OF A FRIEND – The winners of the Kid’s Cookin' Contest to be announced. Followed by a presentation of this year’s special friend award.
* The Florida Center, Children’s First, Special Olympics, Community Haven and Loveland Center.
Dana Hillis - cookin' with the kids
A delicious Back Woods Smokehouse.
5000 East Venice Ave
Venice, FL 34292